You are here
Training & Workshops
Training at the Makerspace is provided to assist in getting you up and running on our machine resources. Basic usage and satefy are covered in these courses.
Our Courses typically include two parts for most equipment:
- Online Safety & Basic Use course on Canvas
- In-person assessment with a Makerspace staff member
Once the in-person assessment is complete, you will be provided access by Makerspace staff through your Rutgers ID card.
Click on the links below to get started (NetID sign-in required).
Safety & Basic Use Training
|Training||Prerequisite||Estimated Time to Complete|
|Woodshop 1: Safety & Basic Use
Basic Woodshop Tools & Equipment
|N/A||40-60 minutes||30 minutes|
|Woodshop 2: Advanced Tools
Jointer, Planer, Shaper, Hand Router
|Woodshop 1||30-45 minutes||30 minutes|
|Woodshop 3: Shopbot CNC
Shopbot CNCs - 2'x4' & 8'x4'
|Woodshop 1||60-90 minutes||45 minutes*|
|Laser Cutting & Engraving
Universal PLS 6.75
|N/A||15-45 minutes||30 minutes*|
|N/A||30-45 minutes||30 minutes*|
|Mat Cutter and Framing
Wizard CMC 9000
|N/A||20-30 minutes||10 minutes|
*includes machining time
upcoming SAFETY & BASIC USE TRAININGS
- Digital Embroidery
- Electronics and Soldering
- Metal Marking Laser
- Vinyl Cutting and Heat Transfer
- Virtual Welding Training
- Access to the equipment will be granted via your Rutgers ID card.
- Access is provided on an individual basis.
- Safety and basic use training is required. Experienced users may have training requirements waived.