Training & Workshops
Training at the Makerspace is provided to assist in getting you up and running on our machine resources. Basic usage and safety are covered in these courses.
Our Courses typically include two parts for most equipment:
- Online Safety & Basic Use course on Canvas
- In-person assessment with a Makerspace staff member
Once the in-person assessment is complete, you will be provided access by Makerspace staff through your Rutgers ID card.
* Includes machining time
Click on the links below to get started (NetID sign-in required).
- Access to the equipment will be granted via your Rutgers ID card.
- Access is provided on an individual basis.
- Safety and basic use training is required. Experienced users may have training requirements waived.
Safety & Basic Use Training Offerings
Online: 30-45 Minutes
Hands-on: 30 Minutes
Jointer, Planer, Shaper, Hand Router
Prerequisite: Woodshop 1: Safety & Basic Use